Saturday, November 22, 2008

MSI Wind U100x

Got my self a new toy for Christmas two weeks ago.

Probably, the best netbook of 2008.

Probably, the best product of 2008 (iPhone 3G comes dead second).

The MSI Wind U100

The first time I saw my consultant with the Wind, it was love at first sight.

I bought the Wind without an 0perating system (and thus built-in bluetooth not available) and installed the latest Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex. Everything came out-of-the-box except for the wireless device. I checked the MSI forums and found the solution and got everything working.

MSI Wind comes with the latest Intel Atom, 10.1 inch screen, 160GB HDD, 1GB RAM, built-in 1.3 megapixel webcam and mic, 4-in1 card reader, 3 USB slot, ethernet, wifi and bluetooth (whichj I believe is included in the windows version of wind).

Since day one, it has been OH and AHs.

No comments: