Sunday, May 11, 2008

Welcome...

Just to keep this blog site started... I'd like to welcome everyone for visiting.

I'm a complete Ubuntu newbie. I just started to use Ubuntu on a full-time basis just last January 2008 when I purchased a second hand IBM ThinkPad.

I've heard about Ubuntu and was able to try it's Live CD since 2006. I think that was Ubuntu 6.06 LTS. I was impressed with its usability because for something that its FREE I get a complete OS solution. I have everything I need for word processing and desktop publishing (OpenOffice), Instant Messaging (GAIM/Pidgin), and Web Surfing (Firefox) out of the box.

For four months... Ubuntu have been a journey for me. My greatest achievement to-date is that I was able to convert my family (this includes a 60 year old mom and 2 "Windows baby" sister) to Linux especially to Ubuntu. Their using our desktop PC now for almost a month already.

I'll be posting my discoveries, problems, and frustrations with Ubuntu on this blog which I hope will be helpful to other newbies in the future.

Hope you guys enjoy your own Ubuntu journey. Thanks!

No comments: